Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Home 5

A busy day yesterday - we both got haircuts from Sharon - so good to see her again - so now we're looking semi-presentable! Then off to see Dr H in the afternoon. I'm thinking we should be taking photos of people - a series of photos - as they come to an understanding of what Linda has gone through - we'd have quite the series of shock and surprise pics. Anyway, he agreed that she's a miracle! More bloodwork, but at least this time the nurse listened to Linda and went in through her hand instead of trying in the crook of her elbow - makes a huge diff to Linda (I think her veins hide whenever we are near a medical facility). Still not sure when the chemo will start; Dr H is thinking we need to get her a bit better, stabilized, especially in regard to weight maintenance - so probably not for another month. But it will be in pill form (we both silently cheered).

Linda's off with Lucille this morning - doing some shopping and then out for lunch with Deb. Great that's she's out and about!! I am trying to re-organize the ensuite bathroom - wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Home! I have been away and come home to the best news ever!! More happy dancin' going on! Take things slow and steady ... this has been one of the many lessons of this journey!
    Talk to you soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Let me try that again... The happiest news for me is your idea of some pics. Would LOVE to see those faces! Almost as much as I'd love to see yours. Most exciting news for me was to hear about pill form chemo, thinking that must make it much easier. Super that Linda's oot and aboot with mummy :) love to all 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear your news Lorraine! I totally sympathise with Linda on the "blood drawing" front....... that happens to me too! So nice to hear that you are doing those "regular things" like haircuts and out shopping. Sure looking forward to seeing you both. Good luck with the reorganizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some normalcy is coming back to the two of you and I hope it will continue from now on. We have missed you both and hope to see you soon. Once again welcome home. Hugs from Ren and Den

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the home front! Haircuts and such are so normal. Even bathroom reorganizing, though it loses appeal after a few hours of agonizing about where to reposition things....
    I am glad to hear you get to do the pill route. After all the other hullabaloo it would be alot to take.
    Photos, isn't that funny, I am not sure how I feel about that. I guess only because I think the photos can only tell a surface tale, not the whole tale. But they are your photos so you will decide and I know in my heart your decision on this, like all the others you have made will be a sound one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugging you from the prairies, Lorraine. Enjoy your nesting time in the bathroom :-). I miss you both . . . .

    ReplyDelete