Monday, February 7, 2011

Home 6

So we're finally getting our mountain legs! We've been getting out a bit more - Friday to Costco (is it true that a Costco is to built here in Vernon?) and today to the Mall for a look around and a purchase of a beautiful knife (I was sooo envious of Tracy's knives). Linda got some new clothes - cordoroy pants, her favorite material - now if it only came in plaid. We're still working on getting the food/eating right - Linda is still experiencing nausea with some foods so we're trying to figure out how to lessen that without relying too heavily on gravol and other drugs. We'll get it organized! And we're just about ready to start the 'exercise regimen' - hopefully, the weather will cooperate so we can try walking the pooches together - yes, we'll start very slowly.

Lovely to see Kate on Friday - so good to hear that laugh!!

7 comments:

  1. It all sounds great.
    a verra good thing
    hugsmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of your updates. It is so good to hear about the progress.
    Walking at the Multiplex is a great alternative in the snowy and icy conditions:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you again about the exercise and food. Costco isn't one of my favorite shopping places tho... I leave that to David! :) Happy b-day Lorraine. Wishing you a special day! love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lorraine! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate at home. I look forward to seeing you at Book Club and I hope to see Linda very soon as well. Hugs from Ren and Den

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda & Lorraine, I didn't know it was your birthday Lorraine and I hope it was a Happy one. Sounds like home is fitting quite nicely. Home made food, walks with the dogs, trips to the mall, all great home things. Hope it is warmer there than it is here, although they say it will warm up next week, but then next week comes and they say it will warm up next week. This is when I hope the weather man will actually be right. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to the Multiplex for walking in the icy weather. The only downside is no pooches, but it does allow for sitting, taking breaks and finding a time of day that suits without having to worry about weather issues.
    We had the flu through our house so I am envious of the food comments as I lost a bit of weight.
    Hope you are making progress with the magic recipe for foods that are easily tolerated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY you guys! You're in my thoughts and in my heart.

    ReplyDelete